Friday, April 21, 2006

Random Kid Update

Roan’s obsessed with snakes now. It started yesterday when she wanted to watch a movie and couldn’t decide which one. I mentioned the horse movie (the Black Stallion) but then I stupidly said that it might be too scary because there’s a snake in it. She didn’t want to watch it, but she’s been freaking out about snakes since. Last night she kept making up stories about horses and snakes and telling them to me. I don’t remember the details because the stuff she makes up is crazy. Most of the stories ended up with the snakes in cages, though.

Last night I told her that maybe today we could go feed the ducks in the park before school started. (We ended up not doing this because I was running late and it was starting to rain). Roan says, “Uh mama, I think the geese will be hungry too.” She does the “Uh mama” thing a lot. She has a distinct tone when she says it, correcting me. It always makes me laugh. A few days ago at school, I guess some kid stepped on Roan’s arm and they gave her an ice pack to put on it. I only know about this from what Roan tells me. I’m guessing they hand out ice packs for every little boo boo, because there wasn’t even a hint of a mark on her arm.

Baby Sage is starting to stand on her own (not holding on to anything) a little bit more. She has also figured out the sippy cup, for juice at least. I haven’t switched her milk out of the bottle yet. The last few times I tried I was rewarded with screaming and tantrum throwing until I presented her milk to her in a bottle. She wasn’t so good with the sippy cup then so maybe I’ll try the switcheroo again in a couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home