Monday, April 10, 2006

Kid Party Wrap Up

Well, the baby’s first birthday party didn’t manage to kill me after all. I went to the Four Eyes show Friday night and blew out my voice yelling “Play L.A. Woman” and “More Ben Casey.” Okay, not really. But just trying to talk over the music in between bands was enough to destroy my voice. It’s still not back, either. I sound as if I started smoking about 80 cigarettes a day.

The Four Eyes were great at their show, though. I can do without the Ben Casey saga, of which they played the entirety. It did make me want to watch “Riding With Death” (or whatever the hell it’s called) again. It reminded me of my life before kids, when I could actually sit through an entire movie with out having to pause it 500 times. If you weren’t at the show, you missed the Doors medley. Which, ironically, did not end with “the End.” Those crazy nerds. Did you know the Doors did a version of “I Heard it through the Grapevine?”

Saturday went by in a blur. It was a lot of fun, but because my voice was so bad most of what I ended up talking about was being sick. It was also hard to have conversations, because it really took a lot of energy to try to talk loud and clear enough for people to understand me. We had the best little kids at this party. It really was an adult party, but we had more kids this time and they were all really awesome.

The sad part of the day was around cake time, when we realized that Roan wasn’t just tired and cranky, but had a major fever and she had to go lay down in my bed. She missed the rest of the party. After everyone but both sets of grandparents and Walter and Lora (Walter is like my uncle, I’ve known him forever) left, Roan barfed in our bed (I had no idea she had eaten and fruit salad, but I washed a bunch of strawberry chunks out of her hair, so she must have). After her shower, it was like she had never been sick. She came out in the living room and played with all of Sage’s birthday toys like she had never been sick.

Now I find out that I got at least one party guest and a little baby sick. Sigh. Roan’s preschool is off this week for Spring Break. Maybe that will give us a week with out any sickness.

Here's some pics.


2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome cake!

I can't believe how big Sage is. I haven't seen her in a while.

gbomb

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger beckler said...

that cake is the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home