Monday, April 03, 2006

TItle Goes Here

The haze of stomach flu has finally cleared the house. We’re all doing much better now. Actually, everyone was better by the middle of last week, but I’ve been “too busy to blog.” I’ve been sewing a lot lately. I made Roan a pair of Hello Kitty (she’s wearing a grass skirt so “hula kitty?”...okay that’s painful) capri pants. Little kids can really rock the elastic waistband style. I made baby Sage a little dress. It’s a little big for her, so it looks kind of sexy around her chest area. I got a couple of collared onesies, that hopefully will work under the dress, so she can wear it now with out looking slutty. I made Roan a cute dress too. It’s pretty much done. I’d like to get a hook and eye to finish it off, but I don’t know of a place close by that carries them. She can wear it without one, but it would look more “finished” if I put one on. I also sewed a curtain panel last night. I also got the worst pin stick I’ve ever had in my life. I swear the pin hit down to the bone in my finger. I’m a real joy to be around when I’m sewing, especially when I stick myself in the finger with a pin.

Baby Sage’s new favorite food is bagels. She likes plain and whole wheat. She probably like to chew on the pieces because she’s teething like a maniac. Her first year molars are really pushing on her gums. She gets really cranky about it too. We’ve been trying to get stuff ready for her birthday party. I made a practice cake Saturday night. I was up at around 1 am frosting the sucker. It’s not that it took very long to frost, but it wasn’t done baking until around midnight and it takes about an hour to cool. I made a monkey head. It came out okay. I ended up getting some cake pans that were half-spheres so when you put the cake together it makes a ball. There was enough cake from slicing the tops up to carve the ears. I’ll post a picture at some point.

Baby Sage is getting a toy kitchen for her birthday. I have no idea why we got this. First of all, it’s big and toys have long since taken over our living room. Second, it wasn’t cheap. It probably would’ve been better to get it for both girls as a Christmas present. Oh well. I know Roan will like it. Of course she’s way more excited about the party than the baby. Sage has no idea. Kid’s first birthdays aren’t really for the kid anyway. I guess I should go find something productive (hmmm...go watch something on tivo?) to do before I have to go get Roan from preschool.

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

The theme is loosely "monkey/jungle." I had to resort to a Curious George table cloth and party hats. There was nothing that was generic monkey or jungle or even zoo and I went to two different party stores.
I am going to go back and get a big mylar balloon of a monkey with a banana.
I should have done a hula or tiki theme. The party stores are loaded with that crap. Are tiki themed parties really that popular?

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

Yeah, but based on the volume of tiki party supplies at the party stores YEAR ROUND, they must be all the rage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home