Thursday, April 06, 2006

Upchucking Revisited

Welcome to my sick blog. I got sick again Tuesday night. This one starts with a sore throat. What better than to soothe a sore throat than a Jamba Juice? So I had one of the regular sized ones against my better judgment and I drank it all, even though I was really full. Then I played Warcraft for awhile with Glom and Tubbo while my fever took hold. Pretty soon I’m in bed shivering while the ambient temperature of the house was a really chilly (sarcasm) 70 degrees. I tried to fall asleep for an hour or so. All of a sudden I’m waking Luci up saying I need “a bucket.” Luckily he’s so sensitive to the fear of a giant puke mess and the “bucket” happened to be right next to his side of the bed. I think he was still asleep when he whipped the bucket over to me. Just in time, because I wouldn’t have been able to wait any longer. I would have never made it to the bathroom. The one amazing thing was that the amount of Jamba Juice ingested seemed to quadruple in my stomach. I seriously upchucked about a half gallon of strawberry flavored vomit.

I’m pretty sure the throwing up was just a side-effect of the fever/shivering on a full stomach. Around 4 am my fever let up enough for me to sleep. It got bad again in the evening but by around 8 pm it got a lot better. Now it’s just a sore throat and low grade fever for me. It’s starting to become ridiculous how much I’ve been sick since Roan started preschool. It really is amazing. I’m getting really tired of it.

2 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

The barfing this time was just a side effect of the fever, I think. It wasn't anything like that other virus. I also had the fluish aching joints and headache yesterday. I'm a million times better today, but still have the sore throat and feel kind of sweaty and overheated.
Yeah, before preschool, we hardly every got sick. Maybe once or twice a year and I can only think of a couple of times that it was a really bad cold. That's over 3 years. We start preschool and someone is sick, coughing or has a runny nose almost every week. Yay!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

Oh no! I'll probably blog about this later, but the fever didn't last very long for Roan. I'm still sick, however.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home