Monday, April 17, 2006

Day 13

This is day 13 of being sick. The upside of day 13 is that I think I’m finally going to kick the virus. Last Thursday afternoon I wasn’t feeling great and had a little bit of a fever. So, of course it was a great idea to go out and buy Roan some sandals (which cost more than any pair of shoes I own). By the time we got home I had a 103 degree fever. I battled the fever until Friday night. I don’t think I’ve ever had a sore throat that was as bad as this one has been. I even called Kaiser on Friday. The advice nurse suggested I wait it out another day or two. She asked me if I had a compromised immune system. I said I didn’t until my 3 year old started preschool in December (rim-shot).

We ended up driving to my parents Saturday evening so we could go to my mom’s Elk’s Lodge Easter brunch in the morning. They were supposed to have an egg hunt. I even asked my mom about the rain and she said they were still going to do it, just inside or something. Well, doing it inside consisted of some guy going around and handing each kid a couple of plastic eggs with $.0.50 in each. Lots of fun. The brunch wasn’t really that great. Most of the stuff they had, I didn’t like due to it all being covered in creamy/cheesy sauce. Also, eating anything caused a sensation of fire in the back of my throat. They did give the kids See’s Candy Easter baskets each containing a box of chocolate, two big hollow chocolate eggs (with a white chocolate bunny inside) a big Chocolate bunny and a big bag of jelly beans. They didn’t have anyone dressed as an Easter bunny, however. Sad.

If Baby Sage hadn’t decided to get up around 4 am and scream until about 6 am, I might have taken the kids to the Brisbane Easter Egg Hunt that I used to go to as a kid. They were having it inside the gym of the school I went to for 4th-8th grade. It probably wasn’t too much fun inside.

Now Roan’s obsessed with Easter candy. Last night she wanted to eat the chocolate bunny. I told her to talk to her dad about it (he was dealing with them while I stayed in bed, sick). I also told her she would probably want to eat him in stages, start with the ears, then eat his head later, etc. Davey told her she had to eat dinner before anymore candy, so she ate a bowl of ‘Easy Mac’ (yes, very nutritious) and he let her have the bunny, of which she ate the entirety.

Later, I asked her what she had eaten. She said “Mac n Cheese.” I asked, “Really? What else did you have?” She answered, “Just one piece of candy.” I guess one big chocolate bunny is still just one piece of candy.

2 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, a whole chocolate bunny? Oh man.

I can't wait until beanie and sage are chattering about their crazy candy fetishes...

We are sick too. We love ninjas, bet better.

xoa

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger werenotdeep said...

Wait...an entire chocolate bunny isn't just one peice of candy?...man...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home