Friday, April 21, 2006

559 Crates of Lost Supplies in the Swamp...

...559 crates of supplies. Pick one up, take it to town...558 crates of lost supplies in the swamp.

I went to the kitten kat’s game last night to be informed that I got half of the population of greater Sacramento sick with my virus. Okay, a little exaggerated. It was only like one or two people I didn’t know about already. But, hey, remember somebody got me sick too. It wasn’t my kid, either, because she got sick after me. Also, someone at the game heard the sick talk and said “oh that cold with the fever?” He’s been out of the country and said he got it on the plane. I don’t want to be Typhoid Mary anymore.

I’ve about kicked the virus. It’s amazing how much your health improves when your kids sleep through the night. Our little one goes back and forth on this issue, but has slept soundly the last 5 nights.

Spring seems like it’s finally arriving, except the clouds came back today. I don’t know if it’s supposed to rain or not. The nice weather always makes me excited for the T.V. season to end. (Isn’t this sad?) Actually, there’s only a couple of shows we try to watch the night they’re on due to fear of spoilers. The rest get tivoed.

I haven’t been doing much lately except being sick. Now that I’m better I’ve been spending my free time playing WoW. Except I’ve been doing the same quest over and over with my level 38 dwarf priest. At level 40 she can buy a mount to ride around. Dwarfs automatically get Rams to ride, Night Elves get tigers, Gnomes get big mechanical chickens and humans get horses (Horde gets a whole ‘nother set of beasts). Well, I want a horse. In order for my dwarf to get a horse, she has to have an “exhaulted” reputation with the human city of Stormwind. “Exhaulted” is really hard to get. You gain reputation by doing quest related to that faction (Stormwind). There is only one repeatable quest. It gives you 25 reputation each time you do it. I need about 14,000 more reputation points. The quest entails running into the Swamp of Sorrows and finding a crate of “lost supplies” and returning them to this dude in Netherguard Keep in the Blasted Lands. The swamp is infested with spiders, crocolisks and some kind of large predatory cats. I have a map with the spawn points of the boxes marked. As of last night, I only have to do the quest 559 more times. /sigh. Actually, it will be a few times less, because I still have some other (non-repeatable) quests I can do for rep. Lucite emailed me today saying Orphan week is coming up, so I can probably take a Stormwind orphan around Azeroth, show the kid the sights and get some reputation that way. So I will probably only have to do the crate about 500 more times. Now, don’t you wish you were playing?

Another good time in Warcraft occurred the other night when we got a 5 man group to do the Scarlet side of Stratholme. The plan was to just do it up to Timmy to see if he would drop Clobberella’s Lightforge gauntlets. He didn’t drop them. So we decided to go kill one of the end guys. We had a really good warrior in our group. He is in a well known raiding guild and was decked out in “leet” gear. We also had our not so favorite hunter, “C” in the group. Actually, he’s not so bad, but the first time we grouped with the guy, he was horrible. He seems to have gotten a lot better...except....

We get to the end boss and the warrior goes in for the attack. Then I see C’s bird fly away. Then Lucite says something about C’s bird going the wrong way. Then another boss gets pulled. Then the priest dies, so I start healing the warrior, then everybody starts dying so I run, everyone gets their hopes up. I forgot (I haven’t played my paladin in awhile) to use my invulnerability bubble. Then I die. Then we all run back from the graveyard. Turns out C had his pet (the bird) targeted on the wrong boss, which caused us to wipe. What’s even better is after you die, you come back to life at the beginning of the dungeon and all the dudes we had already killed had respawned. We would have had to do the whole instance (dungeon) over again to get back where we were. Stupid respawns. We ended up quitting.

1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger A P M said...

Yeah, my mom was sick for 3 weeks with it, and I promise she didn't get it from you. Plus, PF was sick with something before we went to your house, although to be fair, no one had fevers until poor little roanie came down with hers. I am just so sick of being sick. That said, you boosted my morale immensely while we were fighting this evil thing; just knowing you all survived it made me feel better for me and beanie. We are still coughing up lungcrud, and I am still hoarse, but we made it through this weekend with flying colors. So the worst is over, right?

~Cold and Fever

 

Post a Comment

<< Home