Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's a Good Thing

I just finished watching an episode of Martha with Cyndi Lauper as a guest. Cyndi looks pretty good. I wonder if she had some work done. It doesn’t really look like she’s had plastic surgery, but she’s aging pretty well. She did a couple songs off of her new album. Can’t say they were great. She did a version of Time After Time (of course) and it really wasn’t good at all and I really like the original. Then she did another song that I hadn’t heard before that was better, but still not great.

I like Martha Stewart’s new show. It’s on the Learning Channel (TLC). She’s such a trip. I like when she makes prison jokes. One episode had Alan Cumming as a guest. He was amazingly restrained. He and Cyndi Lauper are doing a broadway show together this spring, so I guess they were both on to promote that.

On the episode I just watched, she had a segment about organizing your pantry. It was pretty ridiculous. She had this giant stainless steel cabinet for a pantry. If I had room for that thing, I’d have no trouble being organized, Martha. Cyndi Lauper even asked what if you don’t have room for something like that. Martha blew off the question by saying when you renovate your kitchen to make room. Thanks Martha. I’ll remember that the next time I remodel. I guess I won’t need a stove or a refrigerator because I’ll need that room for my giant pantry. Sheesh.

In and episode prior to this one, she showed how to organize your medicine cabinet in your bathroom. It was pretty useless, but I still found it entertaining. Not sure what that says about me. I’m trying to think if I’ve ever put to use anything I’ve seen on her show....
I’d probably try the trick of putting candle holders in the freezer in order to get leftover wax out of them. I haven’t tried it yet, though. And I learned about the “crumb coat” on a cake. Basically, you have to frost it twice. I think that’s about it.

3 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that episode, too! I was surprised that she brushed off the pantry comment right after Cyndi's speach about Martha's breaking down class barriers.

Niki

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

Yeah, me too. I guess she just didn't want to say "If you don't have a giant kitchen, you're just screwed." I saw a rerun today and she showed off her ankle "bracelet."

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The crumb coat is great.
I love it.
It makes cakes so much smoother.

-natalie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home