Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I'm sick part deux

You know what I think the worst thing about having kids is? Not the lack of sleep, not the inability to do what you what when you want, not the constant worry that they will crack their little heads open, not the dirty diapers and incessant whining, not the fact that 90% of your adult conversation ends up about them. Nope, none of those things are the worst. The worst is that kids are little germ factories and then when they go off to places like preschool and congregate with a bunch of other little germ factories and trade viruses like baseball cards and then bring them home and then I AM CONSTANTLY SICK.

I’ve had maybe a week or two since Christmas that I haven’t felt sick. Roan started preschool halfway through December. It’s just insane. The kids have been pretty much sick the whole month too. Being sick doesn’t seem to slow them down much, though.

We went to another birthday party on Saturday (when I was just starting to get sick). It was fun. It was in San Jose, so a long drive. I was pretty worn out, but a lot of that was from being sick, I think. I have a cute picture of Roan swinging a stick at a Nemo piñata, but I don’t know how to get it “detached” from my email. If I figure it out, I’ll post it.

I always think of stuff to blog about when I don’t have time to actually sit down and type. Then I can never remember what I was thinking about later.

A couple of friends got us a Ronco (as in Mr. Popeil) rotisserie. It’s awesome. We made some kabobs on it and the chicken was excellent. It’s not so great for burgers. I think it’s hard to beat a regular grill for cooking burgers. Those are the only two things we made on it so far. I’m looking forward to roasting a chicken on it soon (got one in the freezer, waiting). I love watching the food spin around and around. It’s mesmerizing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home