Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Four Eyes Full Circle

This has been a really busy weekend. The Four Eyes show last night rocked. Thank my mom for the $20 “beer money” she gave me before the show. That’s what it was spent on. Speaking of the beer, I have to say I was impressed that throughout the night, people put twelvers up on stage to share. What a great audience. There was even some beer left over at the end. I also forgot how bad Keystone Ice is.

There were a bunch of crazy drunks (I mean that in the most affectionate way possible) in the audience snapping pictures on their digital cameras like mad. I’m guessing they will be circulating the internerd at some point. Which reminds me, my favorite chant of the night was “Nerds! Nerds! Nerds!” You can’t go wrong with a classic. Of course “Charles brought a beer to you/Charles brings a beer to everyone” was right up there. Don’t know if that really counts as a chant, but it’s close enough for jazz.

Perhaps the highlight of the night was the giant group hug during, “We are the Champions.” That was also around the point I got half a beer poured down my back. Hey, I’m not complaining. I was getting kind of hot anyway.

I had about 1000 more things I wanted to write about the show (especially last night when I was still buzzed, so everything sounded extra witty and brilliant) but I think I’m suffering from beer fog. (The fog of beer?)

Kid Stuff:

The little boop is crawling now. It’s pretty cute. But, like most things kids do, it’s kind of cute and kind of annoying. Now she can get into trouble at will.

The big kid had her preschool Christmas party last Friday. It was really cute. The kids were wearing reindeer antlers they made. They had a strip from a paper bag for the head band, and then, for the antlers, they had their hand prints cut out of dark brown paper. The teacher also stuck colored dots on their noses. Roan got to be a “Rudolph” because her dot was red. Did I mention I’m and extremely bad parent, because I didn’t get a picture of this? It’s her dad’s fault too, he was there.

The kids had jingle bells and the teacher made us all sit around and sing with the kids. The kids got to shout out requests for songs they wanted to sing. So we sang a few Christmas carols and the “itsy bitsy spider” and the “abc song” and a couple I didn’t know. The kids all had goody bags. The teacher gave them all a couple of books, I think. Roan’s are still wrapped and under the tree. There was also a present that said “to mom and dad, love Roan.” I’m dying to see what it is, but Roan won’t let us open it until Christmas. I keep asking her what it is, but she won’t tell me. I have a more than sneaking suspicion that she forgot.

We had dance class Saturday morning. Last time we went Roan was a total grump. She turned it around this time though, no whining and she seemed to have a lot of fun. So we’ll go back when the open up again in January.

Saturday night was a kid friendly Christmas party. It was fun. There was a white elephant gift exchange. It was pretty funny. The gift I got was a perfect fit. I was probably the only person there (besides Davey) who would’ve wanted it. I was also, probably, the only person there (besides Davey) who already had it. What? You might be wondering. Why, the dvd of UHF, starring “weird” Al Yankovic. There was stuff like a box of wine, a twelve pack of Pabst, a poop calendar, and I can’t remember what else. Davey got a little electronic “20 questions” game. You think of something and the little computer asks you yes/no questions to guess what it is. It’s cute, but sort of weird. I was thinking of “horse” and it guessed “Clydesdale” then it guessed “pony.” I thought of “cat” and it guessed “black cat,” then “tabby.” I guess you have to be very specific.

Sunday morning we braved the storm to meet up with some friends at “Hometown Buffet” for breakfast. Well, enough said about that.

Monday, my parents came up. I borrowed my dad’s Ford Aerostar (used to be mine) to go Christmas shopping while Davey was at band practice. I can’t believe I used to drive that thing around everywhere. I swear it rocks like a boat. I do miss all the room it has, though. I got a major backbreaking, bicep-tearing workout, as I had to carry this completely heavy thing I bought through the store and the parking lot. It was when I was almost to the car, I realized I could have put it in a shopping cart. Oh well, I kind of like the feeling of sore muscles. It makes me feel tough.

And that brings me back to the Four Eyes show.

4 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger werenotdeep said...

It was during that very same group hug that I got my respiration cut off for a good thirty seconds by Mike "forgets his own strength" R Mike. Of course, it was all in fun and affection, after all, wasn't it? I actually filled up my camera's internal memory and the removable memory card. That was partly due to that I took some video footage, one of which was almost 3 minutes long, but still. That's the first time I have filled up my camera at just one event.

I think I was pretty drunk, because I was having way too much fun doing extremely dumb things and taking pictures of everything thinking "Oh, that is such a seminal image! I have to get a picture of that!"

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris Olsen drunk? The only drunker person i noticed was Joel after we were done. During the set i would look over and chris olsen sitting in the pile of crushed cans trying to look up but only being able to look at the floor. You actually looked drunker than Nikki did last year.
Joel still wins the "drunkest person i saw" award when he went into "jimmy" black out mode. Luckily lisa noticed it in time and told me so i could lock up instead of leaving the responsibility to joel. which was good since yesterday he called me up and mentioned that he didnt remember much after the guitar detuning stuff and was worried about if the loft got locked up and where his stuff went.

best loft show this year!

daveninja

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

I remember Joel buying the "smooth juice" at the A&P, when the first hour started I told smiller "I think it's gonna be a Jimmy night." Ahhh Jimmy. Agahbahga.

To be fair, I don't think Chris was ever actually sitting in the cans. He was sort of crouched over them.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger werenotdeep said...

See, I was crouching a lot because I'm the same height as SMiller, and I knew I was blocking people sometimes, so I crouched down to be up front, but out of the way.

Some of those crouch-down pics of the band are great. I got a few really good ones of Joel playing slide guitar with the whiskey bottle taken from the perspective of the bottom of the guitar looking up the neck. SLICK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home