Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sage Broke My Back Mountain

Sage weighs 21 lbs. now. No wonder my back was killing me. She’s a chunk. I just finished (well, took a break since it’s nap time) going through tons of baby clothes and trying to sort out what fits and what needs to go. I always get a little sad now, when I weed out the clothes that are too small. I wish some of my friends would get busy and have little girls so I can pass some of the stuff off. I ended up selling a bunch of the tiny baby stuff at a garage sale a few months ago. Some of the clothes are really cute. I have a “save” pile of stuff I can’t bear to get rid of, but I keep trying to whittle it down.

I finally saw Brokeback Mountain with a friend over the weekend. Surprise, Surprise (not really, I expected it would be good) we both thought it was really good. The theater was pretty full and seemed to be mostly women. There were a surprising amount of senior ladies there. Occasionally there would be some uncomfortable laughter. The movie has this beautiful, majestic quality and then ever so often, is really blunt and to the point. I really love the score, as well.

We went to a 2 year olds birthday party on Sunday. Roan camped out at the cupcake table. The birthday girls mom had a great idea, “frost your own cupcakes.” She put out a bunch of unfrosted cupcakes and then a few tubs of frosting and sprinkles and such. The party was in Berkeley and I was amazed at how little traffic there was both ways. It seems like every time we go to the Bay Area we get stuck in traffic somewhere (usually around Fairfield where 80 meets 680).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home