Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Hurray for Santy Claus

Christmas almost did me in this year. I feel like a Christmas cookie (the ones that look really pretty (‘cept I don’t look so pretty) but taste like cardboard with sugar on top-and for you wise acres, yes I do taste cardboardy sweet) chewed up and spit out. I ended up getting sick Thursday night and didn’t get any sleep. Friday morning, we opened presents with the kids here and then had to begin our pilgrimage to various relatives houses, none of which live in our hometown. They kids were sick too, as they have been for most of December. That’s the added bonus of preschool. Free viruses.

The gift that Roan made us at preschool was a Christmas/winter theme pot holder with her hand print on the back in white paint. One of the teachers wrote “Roan 2005” in gold ink. It’s sweet. I have the momitis thing, where any weird looking object or scribble that your kid makes you is the best thing ever. It really is. Just comes with the territory, I guess.

I also got a really nice digital camera. It’s tiny, with a really big screen. The funniest gift was one that both Davey and I got from his sister. (Hi Erin!) She has a friend who works for Neighborhoodies, who also plays World of Warcraft. He had her get our character’s and guild name. We thought this was just so if we were on the same realm, we could add them to our friends list, or whatever. It was really for our Christmas presents which were black hoodies with our character’s name on the front and guild name on the back. It’s the best. Pretty geeky, but almost anybody who saw it, wouldn’t know what the hell it means anyway.

We told our WoW friend Shurgrim about the the hoodies last night. He said we had crossed the line to “uber geekdom” or something like that. Then, about 10 minutes later, he was explaining to me the lore of the Winter Veil celebration (what you have in WoW instead of Christmas) and why the Horde celebrate it as well as the Alliance. Ahem.

Last night we did part of Gnomeregan with my lvl 26 (dinged 27 last night) priest, Davey’s lvl 33 (I think, low 30’s anyway) priest and Shurgrim’s low 20’s paladin. We made it all the way to the clean zone with out wiping and I got two quests completed. We did pretty good. And it was fun. We’ve been doing some high lvl instances with our mains (lvl 60) and they just haven’t been much fun. Even though I hate Gnomeregan, it was fun to do last night. I guess it’s just like real life. It’s not so much the job sometimes, but the people you “work” with.

Here's a picture of the Christmas explosion that happened at our house when we got home Monday.

4 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger werenotdeep said...

Wow. That was one of the geekiest entries ever! There was one paragraph in there that I didn't even understand. Man. I'm one of those people who actually feels like a loser for my horribly low geek points in a lot of areas. I just like obsolete music and anything to do with history. Not very fun.

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ho-ray for santy claus.

-Droppo

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

Don't worry Chris, you're still a big geek.
DeeAnn, I'll tell Lurch what I tell Link, "No Lick!" and "Go to your bed!"

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger werenotdeep said...

Lisa, I am honored to hear you say that :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home