Monday, January 02, 2006

The Bravest Little Hobbit of Them All

Lord of the Rings fest was great this year. I have to say it was a little more “festive” which made it a lot harder to actually watch the movies, but still lots of fun. Also, EVERYBODY was late this year. I guess that happens when it’s on New Year’s day, but it’s still kind of weak, people. I was up until 4:30 Friday night and ‘til at least 3 am New Year’s Eve and I had to get up before the Hobbit (real great idea Davey) started at 9:45. Of course, now it’s Monday and I’ve spent most of the day either sleeping or playing Animal Crossing and I’m still in my PJ’s (what’s the point of getting dressed now?). I have this horrible pain in my neck, as well and I have no idea why. (Insert pain in the neck joke here).

Let see some of the highlights of New Years Day were, 2 dozen doughnuts from Marie’s. Yum. Davey driving over to Jilary’s to get wake them up. French toast. A snow globe exploding in Roan’s room. Crappy frozen pizzas. Chocolate chip cookies. Bill’s pumpernickel sandwiches. Joel and then Olsen with some mad magna-doodle action. A creepy looking rabbit body cooking in the crock pot. Hurrah for vegan chili. Po-tay-toes. Brownie bites. Beer braised chicken. Jilary’s honey maple cake that never made it from ingredients into actual cake.

Thanks to Chris for drawing about 500 different types of cake on the Magna Doodle so Roan’s laser pointer could eat it. Thanks to Dongsdale for the rabbit and for venturing out on foot during the storm for a mid-movie beer run, even though Karen had just told him she’d drive him to the store. He snuck out while she wasn’t looking. Also thanks to everyone who came, because it was a lot of fun.

I’m gonna post some pictures. As usual, we didn’t take enough. I’m not posting all of them, because I want Davey to write something and he can post them all on the Four Eyes blog. He can explain them all too. I’ll just leave them up for interpretation.







2 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger werenotdeep said...

Joel as Larry Fine as an Orc was pretty good, too.

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I blame PF for getting there mid-fellowship. We were not going to make the hobbit by any means, but we COULD have been there by 11.

Still, we had fun!

~Amelie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home