Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Random Stuff

Some jerk-face stole our out going mail on Friday. It was about five pieces of mail, all bill payments. Luckily a bank teller at my bank busted his ass and called me when he tried to cash one of the checks. He had somehow blanked out the name of my credit card company and wrote his name in. I guess he spelled his name wrong too. The teller called me to check it out. The bank held on to his I.D. and called the cops. He got away, but they seem to know who he is. I assumed the I.D. would be a fake, but the guy is apparently the grandson of the owner of a local venue.

So we had to change our checking account (just after I ordered two boxes of checks that are now useless) and I had to cancel my credit card, just in case. Not to mention, repay all of the bills etc. Pretty annoying. I’m glad the teller spotted it, though or it would’ve been even more annoying.

Preschool and dance class have started up again. No more late Friday nights playing Warcraft because I have to get Roan to her dance class on Saturday mornings. Oh the sacrifice. I guess they’re already planning for a dance recital in July. It’s a long ways off, but I guess with 3 years olds, you need all of that time to get them ready. The dance instructor hasn’t decided what they will perform yet. She’s narrowed it down to two choices. One is some jazz dance (the class is ballet/tap, so not sure where that fits in, but doesn’t really matter either) to some song I didn’t recognize the name of. The other choice is a tap dance to “Singin’ in the Rain.” I’m already excited about it. Tap would be great because it’s a pretty big accomplishment for them just to be able to walk around in those shoes without falling.

Sigh. I wrote the first two paragraphs yesterday afternoon. I didn’t get around to finishing and posting. Now that Sage is crawling, the next couple of years should be pretty hard. Now she’s starting to have opinions and experience frustration. My formerly happy, smiley baby has become demanding and whiney. And by 'demanding' I mean 'let me keep eating this newspaper, I'm going to scream when you take it away' or 'let me suck on this shoe, now.' I was so worried about getting through the first three or four months, that I forgot about this stage. Once Roan started walking (at 1 year old) until she was about 2.5, it was a challenge to take her anywhere she couldn’t move around. I’ve been so tired since Sage has started crawling. Being sick all month hasn’t helped, but the little baby is wearing me down.

But isn't she sooo cute?

1 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger werenotdeep said...

Ya gotta admit, if you get a face like that now and again, it might be worth it to let them eat a page of newspaper, long as it doesn't hurt them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home