Monday, May 08, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVEY!!!!!

Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday Birthday!

Today is Davey’s birthday. I think we’re going to the Elephant Bar tonight. That place always makes me laugh a little. It seems like a restaurant you’d find at an amusement park. Like the Marvel restaurant at Universal Studios. Davey and I ate there so we could watch Spiderman walk around. I think Davey had the Hulk burger. I think I had the Falcon burger. Elephant bar is a great place to take kids though. It’s noisy and they usually bring the food fast. Plus, they have a kids menu that includes a little sundae. No wonder Roan loves going there. Another plus is there’s a full bar for mom and dad.

Saturday, we had a few people over to grill and play croquet, except we never got to the croquet part. Kind of sad, since I’ve been wanting to play. We need to fix or add one more light in the backyard and I think we can start playing night croquet. That will be sweet.

Later that night, we finally watched King Kong. I wasn’t expecting it to be that great, so as I was watching the first act of the movie, before they get to the island, I was pleasantly surprised. That was soon ruined by chase after chase involving dinosaurs. Some of it looked really crappy too. CG stuff always looks worse at home on dvd, but some of this was really bad. The third act of the movie was a little better, but the whole thing just left me feeling sad. Maybe if they had cut about 40 minutes of it, it might have been better. I thought the beginning up to about the part where we see the first dinosaur was pretty good, though. All downhill from there.

Sunday afternoon we took a quick trip to the zoo so Roan could see the snakes. We have a membership, so we can go anytime without worrying about the $$$. The zoo membership is great if you go about 4 or more times a year. If you stay at home with kids, it’s great to have that option. Only problem now is Roan is really tempted by the ice cream stands at the zoo. So, we got to listen to a good bit of whining. Instead of ice cream, she got a rice cake and some bottled water we brought from home. I know, we’re mean. After we got home, around 5, we were all wiped out. I guess we’re not used to walking around in the sun, yet. I would say it was hot, but it probably was only in the 80’s. It felt hot, though.

2 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Davey!!!!!

Yeah, yesterday was way hotter than I thought it was. I didn't take a hat, and got a sunburn, and conked out headachey for much of the day.

I can't wait to go to the zoo again with you and the fam! We have this cool little stroller with a lion on it, so it screams "Zoo Day".

And I loved King Kong. I kept saying "I wish we'd seen this in the theater" instead of on my crappy bulbous 19 inch 10 year old television. Which did not show the flaws as such. Jack Black and Adrian were the annoying things in the film for me, not the cgi or the King Kongishness. I totally cried at the end. I'm such a softie...

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

Yeah, I thought it was sad, too. Kong looked really good. A. Brody's character wasn't developed much. I never thought I'd say this, but Jack Black was okay. Just way too many effing dinosaurs.
Yeah, we were totally wiped after the zoo, so it's a good thing you didn't try to go if you had already got a headstart baking in the heat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home