Monday, March 06, 2006

I Rule the Oscar Pool!!!!!!!

Another year, another Oscars. I won the pool!!! (Again). That’s two years in a row for me. I even had to pick Crash to win for screenplay. That movie sucked big time. So, of course, it should win best picture and screenplay. I had picked Brokeback Mountain to win for best picture. Oh well. I can’t comment too much on the ceremony itself because I was much more entertained by drinking beer and chatting with our guests or too occupied with trying to get Roan under control. She was a beast last night.

Saturday had to be one of the most annoying days ever. I went to the grocery store. Upon bringing the groceries home and putting them away.... Actually the realization occurred when Luci asked, “You only bought one orange?” Uh...no. I had about five things missing. My oranges, apples, a big bag of tomatoes, a whole lot of spinach and three lemons. Okay, that’s four things. Anyway, it kind of screwed me up, because I couldn’t run back to the store right away and I didn’t realize the spinach was missing until later. Well, this is a long story...but a little later I managed to make my food processor smoke and not a cigarette, more like smoke coming out of the ventilation holes. Luckily it worked fine later that night. I realize this story is getting more convoluted so maybe a list will simplify it.
1. Store cheats me on my produce.
2. Food processor threatens to blow.
3. Four Eyes are playing on KDVS and sound a little “off” (more about this later)
4. I’m really hungry and chop a bunch of garlic to use for dinner and then notice that I don’t have any spinach (for the dinner) and I just give up (spinach is an integral part of the recipe).
5. Roan’s in a whiney mood.
6. The Four Eyes on the radio show is over and Luci didn’t give Clob or anyone a “shout out” as promised (more on this later)
7. I have Taco Bell for dinner.
8. I went back to the store and can’t go out the exit closest to my car, because they locked the doors. (ok, normally not a big deal, but it’s all these little things adding up).
9. Things start to seem under control, I work on chopping tomatoes and basil, Luci makes a big pan of lemon bars and puts them in the oven.
10. An hour or so later, I ask Luci, “did you take the lemon bars out of the oven?” You can guess the answer

So, the Four Eyes had to play their radio set without a monitor and Luci’s mic was turned off or broken or otherwise not doing its job. When I was listening to it live, I thought there were a lot of weird “dead air” moments. Apparently that was when Luci was talking. Like the entire time Joel was changing a string. (Of course they broke a string while playing live on the radio, it was that kind of day). Also, Joel’s batteries in his “tubbo song machine” died, so he couldn’t play the Tubbo songs for the listening audience. Anyway, I wish I could go kick the sound guy in the shins.

As much as Saturday was annoying, Sunday was fun. I can’t wait for all of the celebrity fashion critiquing. Charlize Theron is going to take a beating. The guys who were over last night were disturbed by Salma Hayek’s dress because it made her ample bosom look lopsided. Those were the only two I noticed. I might go back and run through it on Tivo and see if I missed anything good (probably not).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home