Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Why Are These Titles Such a Pain to Come Up With Sometimes?

I’ve got so much stuff to do, I don’t know where to start. Better to procrastinate a little longer and write a blog post.

I figure I’ll take this blog back to its roots and talk about Roan’s potty training. She uses the potty all the time and was wearing pull-ups at night (just in case). She was staying dry pretty much every night, so I decided she didn’t need the pull-ups anymore. She seemed pretty excited by this.

The first night with no pull-up went fine. The second night she woke up (sort of) screaming and Luci (Davey) went to get her. He couldn’t get her to completely wake up so he brought her to our room and set her on our bed. As soon as I said “she has to go potty” I felt that my pants were wet. Too late. So Roan and I took a shower, while Luci changed the sheets.

Last night, I heard Roan kind of yell and I was going to ignore it, because she got quiet again, but I figured she probably had to pee and would just wake me up again 20 minutes later. I went in her room and she had kicked all the covers off. I was trying to get her up to go to the bathroom when I discovered she was completely wet. So I woke up Luci and repeated the events of the night before (except this time I didn’t have to take a shower).

So, we will be going back to pull-ups at night for awhile. My theory is she just can’t wake up enough to get herself to the bathroom. When she wakes up screaming and has to go, she’s not really awake. It’s sort of weird and creepy, actually. Poor Roanie.

In other news, I’m saddened to read that Beckler is contemplating quitting Heckasac. I think I can understand why, but I will miss it if it goes. What I hope happens is that Beckler takes a break and then just starts posting again and takes the blog back to its roots (that phrase is making me laugh). Remember the interviews? Those were fun to read. I liked the party reports (since I never get to go to any these days) show reviews etc. I’ve always thought of Heckasac as sort of the “Sacramento Treat” of blogs. It used to remind me of the good ol’ Loft days (sorry if that sounds cliquish) which reminds me of cheep beer on ice. Hopefully she can take a break, come back and all the people who like to troll the comments will go away.

There are also a few other local bloggers who have been neglecting their blogs, but I won’t call them out here. Well, I’ll call out the Four Eyes, ‘cause there's three of them and they can barely muster one post a week. The other two I’m thinking of are linked on the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home