Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Would This Freak You Out?

So, last night, after the kids went to bed we watched “The Exorcism of Emily Rose.” I should mention that movies with possession tend to creep me out a lot. I thought this movie was fairly creepy. My state of mind wasn’t helped by having eaten an early, but large dinner to be topped off later on with some popcorn a vanilla latte, a slice of peach pie a la mode and a pint of water. So I was a little sick to my stomach after the movie. I let the movie freak me out a little more than I should, but soon got over it and went to sleep, no big deal.
So in the movie, a lot of the demonic bad stuff happens at exactly 3:00 am. What time do you think baby Sage decided to start crying and wake me up? I woke up, looked at the clock, 3:00 exactly and then the clocked clicked to 3:01. You know what else freaks me out? Strange coincidences. I tried to go back to sleep for awhile, but then I gave up and watched a tivoed “Skating With the Stars” (go Swanston!) Then I watched half and episode of Nova about amber and the stuff that gets stuck in it. After that I watched the E! true Hollywood story about Tonya Harding in it’s entirety (two hours). At 7 am I went back to sleep. I probably could have fallen back asleep by the bug amber show, but I think I was just being stubborn at that point.
So was it a freaky coincidence? At least when I woke up I didn’t smell anything burning or hear doors slamming. I kept expecting to hear the cat knock something over to freak me out more. Aghghghhhh....

3 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Emily Rose movie at all related to the 70s classic Audrey Rose? I love that movie even though it tripped me out when I was a kid.
gbomb

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger werenotdeep said...

Yes, I can say with safety that that would creep me out.

I watched "The Exorcist" with my at-the-time boyfriend once and then he got drunk and passed out, so I finished watching it thinking "Yeah, this is a creepy movie, but it's not that scary". So then I got in bed with him and woke up about...guess when...3am and the entire house seemed creepy to an exponential degree. He had left a big orange candle burning on the mantlepeice and it had burned down so that there were big walls of wax all engulfed around the actual flame, and it just looked like the most evil, demonic source of light imaginabale, and then I started to notice an eerie blue light casting moving shadows around the room and that had me paralized. Of course, he wouldn't wake up and "save" me from the creepiness. The moving light turned out to be the screen saver on his lap top, but I was too scared to move to look on the floor to see it.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

It's not related to Audrey Rose. It's based on a real life story of a German girl (with a different name) in the '70's who was maybe possessed or had psychiatric issues, but her priest was put on trial because she ended up dead. I don't really know the details, but I guess there's a book about it. I just watched Audrey Rose semi-recently too. The girl in that movie was reincarnated, not possessed. Chris, that's a creepy story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home