Wednesday, December 14, 2005

More Potty Talk

Roan peed on the floor of Sears Saturday night. Before we stopped at Sears, we stopped at some store so I could get my bro a shirt for Christmas. Roan had fallen asleep in the car, so Davey waited with the kids. After that, we drove over to Sears, so we could buy vacuum cleaner bags. What else is there to do on Saturday night but shop for vacuum cleaner bags? We had to wake Roan up to go in. We got about halfway to the elevator (bags are upstairs) and Roan says she has to go potty. So we tell her, “Okay, wait a sec.” Meanwhile we had noticed some kind of neat Nintendo t-shirts that Sears was carrying. It’s not like we made her wait very long, anyway I look down and there was a big puddle on the floor. I had to take her upstairs to the bathroom and have her strip down and change into the “emergency clothes” I carry around in a diaper bag. Unfortunately, her emergency underwear was also wet, most likely from a baby bottle leaking on it. So Roan got to go commando. She also had pee in her shoes which I tried to blot out, but wasn’t too successful. I gotta teach her to at least pull her pants down and squat next time or something. It was such a mess.

Baby Sage decided that she had enough of being sick and didn’t want to go to bed last night. Around 1:30 or so we decided she’d have to come to our bed and one of us would go to the couch. Davey took the couch. She settled in, stopped crying and pretty quickly went to sleep. And started SNORING. I can’t even sleep listening to the dog breath, so I went and switched with Dave. I woke up at 7:30 and went to see why he wasn’t leaving for work (he decided to go in late) and Sage was sleeping like a rock, completely quiet. Actually, I was half asleep and she was so still and quiet it freaked me out.

The couch wasn’t so bad at first. I had the nice white noise of the fish tank to listen to. It’s not noise that keeps me up. Actually I really like white noise, like a vacuum cleaner. I can’t fall asleep to breathing/snoring/heartbeat type noises or music unless I’m really super tired. It’s something about the rhythm (a great word to use if you’re ever playing ‘hangman’ btw).
Davey made a nice blanket cocoon on the couch and it wasn’t bad until I woke up with a stabbing pain in my side. Oh well, at least the baby stopped crying. Roan slept through everything.

2 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally use rythym for hangman! The person I'm playing with always get pissed afterwards.

-michele

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man. I carry emergency clothes too, but the only time I needed them, she'd already grown out of them!! Lordy. Great pee story. She'll be thrilled when she's 15.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home