Tuesday, December 06, 2005

At least there ain't no hole in the washtub...

Who borrowed my “Emmet Otter’s Jugband Christmas” dvd? I think I know who, but I can’t remember for sure. The only person I can think of wanting to borrow it is finishing up a nice vacation in Hawaii (are they back yet?) Apparently, there’s a version of the dvd released recently that has the Kermit parts omitted because Kermit is owned by Disney and they wouldn’t allow it. Jerks. I’m pretty sure the version I have (when I figure out where it is) still has the Kermit parts. It’s that time of year, I gotta watch Emmet Otter. And speaking of the happy couple with an appreciation for muppets, over the weekend this site was getting hits from Europe, the search words were “Joel and Hillary.”

Roan had a poop accident today. So sad. She almost made it to the potty, then she yelled “Mommy, I poop-ed in my pants.” She was pretty upset, but not as upset as she’ll be when she’s older if she ever finds out I’ve been writing about all this stuff.

On the baby front, little Sage is going to start crawling any minute now. She can move backwards, by half crawling/half sliding, pretty quickly. She hasn’t really figured out how to go forwards yet. She also rolls around the floor to try to get to things. She’s backed under the Christmas trees a few times and gotten stuck. I don’t think she likes the needles poking her head.

I’ve also been reading bits and pieces of “Bored of the Rings,” the National Lampoons version of LotR. Sheesh, it’s horrible.

For some reason, Roan is in the other room singing “Happy birthday to you.” Kids are so weird. She had preschool yesterday. They made cute little wreaths out of paper plates. The teacher is trying to teach them “Jingle Bells” so they can sing it for the parents on the last day of school before the Christmas break. That should be really funny. When I picked her up yesterday, she had orange stuff all over her mouth. She said they had orange ice cream for snack. Here we go with the crazy snacks again. She also told me that two kids got a time out for hitting each other. I asked her if she got a time out, she said, “no.” Sometimes it’s hard to know what goes on because she knows how to tell lies already. Dave told her not to touch the Christmas tree last night. Later, he came into the living room, Roan was standing next to the tree and quickly moved her hand back and one of the branches was swaying. She insisted for about 20 minutes that she didn’t touch the tree. I had no idea that kids turned into teenagers around the age of 3.

4 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bored of the Rings is actually Harvard Lampons, not national.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

DOH!!!
P.S. I know who you are anonymous. You can't hide from the site meter...

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger werenotdeep said...

Ew..."Kermit Parts"

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

C'mon, you gotta admit Kermit is kinda hot, for a frog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home