Tuesday, July 25, 2006

"Take it to a nine!"

Here's a pretty good review
for Lady in the Water. If I could write, that's pretty much what I would have written about it. I still found the movie overall entertaining. Probably mostly for the flaws the reviewer points out. It's funny that someone would put that much effort into something just to 'stick it' to the critics. I was hoping that M. Night would have had a much stronger comeback after the Village though, because this new one isn't great.

Roan bashed her face in last night. She fell out of bed around 3 am. When it happened she said she hit her stomach. I didn't even notice her face until this morning about an hour after we were all up. She'll get to go to the gym daycare tonight looking like a tough kid.


Tonight is another aqua aerobics class. I took a "spin" though I think this place calls it "indoor cycling" or something like that, class yesterday afternoon. It kicked my ass. I'll probably go back next week though. I'll just pace myself better so I won't end up mouthing the words "you die now" at the instructor 15 minutes into the class. What's interesting about the cycling class is that it was about 50/50 men and women. Almost all the other group exercise classes are 99% female. One time during water aerobics the instructor got a guy who was waiting for the pool to join the class.

Why are the bikes so much more manly? Is it because they're a "machine?" The class is pretty much the same as any other one. They play music and there's a person yelling and telling you what to do along with 'keep it up,' 'abs held in,' etc. Perhaps it's just guys fear of "dancing" that keeps them out of the other classes. I'm going to try to get Luci to take a cycling class this week. Then I'll have a guys opinion on it. Alas, he is too chicken to try water aerobics or a step class. And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't try a yoga or yoga/pilates class either. I haven't braved the step class either, but I will eventually. It kind of looks like fun in a painful sort of way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home