Monday, June 19, 2006

Tortooga

Here's the cake I made Davey for Father's Day. It was my first attempt at a buttercream transfer. Tooga's nose bit the dust in the freezer when the board he was on slipped and hit a rack. I was out of brown frosting and didn't want to make more, so he looks like someone took a bite out of his nose. The outline around his feet got a little messed up. I'm not sure why. Either not a thick enough bead of frosting or I didn't leave him in the freezer long enough. I didn't start him until about 9pm on Friday night. I don't reccomend decorating and baking a cake while dying your hair, but somehow I managed to do both. Btw, Tooga is a turtle from World of Warcraft. He gives a quest where you have to help him find his wife. For some reason, Davey kept calling him Tortooga and it made me laugh. Making the cake was really an excuse to try a buttercream transfer. They're really not too hard. Also, I really need a sifter for the powdered sugar, too many little clumps in the frosting.

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

Erin, it's really weird but I just started working on a post right now... as you posted the comment!
...and it's all about Warcraft...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home