Thursday, June 15, 2006

What's New Scooby Doo?

Okay, so we have two cute little kids in the house. One is currently hitting that giant baby milestone of walking... so what happens? Our video camera decides to crap out. Luckily, pretty much every one with this model or similar has had theirs crap out already, so Canon will be fixing it for free. I guess they put a bunch of crappy CCD’s in their cameras so that after a year or so the camera is unable to record video. You can watch your old footage on the little lcd screen and you can still record audio (whoopee!) but no more video recording.

Roan had a bad dream last night. She woke up screaming at 2:45. I think I had just fallen asleep around 2. This morning she told me it was about Scooby Doo. Roan loves Scooby Doo. She mainly watches the “new” adventures of Scooby Doo. The theme song is different, it’s a pop-punk theme song. Roan makes us come and listen to her sing (whisper) along to it.

Do you know who her favorite character is? Daphne. Yup. Daphne and Fred. The beautiful people. You’d think my kid would be more of a Velma or at least Shaggy or Scooby kid. I asked her why Daphne is her favorite and she told me because she has a purple dress. I guess her bad dream last night was about Daphne being tied up and scary monsters that aren’t really monsters but people pretending to be monsters. Last week we got her a set of Scooby-gang action figures at the toy outlet. Guess who I had to be... Velma. Dave got to be Scooby. Baby Sage was the Sage Monster because she kept kidnapping members of the Scooby gang. Roan’s Little People school bus was the Mystery Machine.

8 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger Ookami Snow said...

Well if there is one thing that never changes about growing up, is that kids watch Scooby Doo... and at some point learn to walk.

I should know, I was once a kid.

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>She mainly watches the “new”
>adventures of Scooby Doo. The theme
>song is different, it’s a pop-punk
>theme song.

Pop punk in the same vein as the "new" Josie & the Pussycats theme? Davey burned me a copy a long time ago and it still gets stuck in my head sometimes.

My favorite of the Scooby Doo shows had them teaming up with such celebrities as Don Knotts, Sonny & Cher, Jonathan Winters and country music legend Jerry Reed to solve each week's mysteries. Jerry Reed! And to think how he slipped from Scooby Doo to being in the Smoky & The Bandit flicks...

--the history channel

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

"Pop-punk" as in "sounds like Green Day" except you can understand what the guy is saying. You know, that generic pop-punk sound that the kids love these days. Yes, like the Josie and the Pussycats soundtrack but with male vocals. I'll see if I can find a link.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

I couldn't find any audio, here's the lyrics. It's by a Canadian band called Simple Plan. Why is that name so familiar? Did they have some crappy "hit" a few years ago?

Whats New Scooby Doo?
We're coming after you
You're gonna solve that mystery
I see you scooby doo
The trail leads back to you
What's New Scooby Doo?

Whats New Scooby Doo?
We're gonna follow you
You're gonna solve that mystery
We see you scooby doo
We're coming after you
What's New Scooby Doo?

Don't look back, you may find another clue
The Scooby Snacks, will be waiting here for you

What's New Scooby Doo?
We're coming after you
You're gonna solve that mystery
I see you scooby doo
The trail leads back to you
What's New Scooby Doo?

na na na na na
na na na na na
na na na na na na na
na na na na na
na na na na na
What's New Scooby Doo?

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those lyrics are pretty horrible. I'll have to check the listings for the new Scooby Doo just to hear the theme. The "new" Josie & the Pussycats theme is actually pretty catchy...

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found the soundtrack Davey burned for me and am listening to the theme song for the fourth time. What a guilty pleasure. I think the Bean digs it too...

Josie and the Pussycats
Long tails and ears for hats
Guitars and martial stacks
Hot, sweet, super-cool
Don't you know
These kitties rule?
Hurry, hurry

We've been going
Over the master plan
Driving in a custom-painted van
Practicing for hours
Don't you know that
Soon no matter
Where you go
We'll be on the radio?

Let's go

Josie and the Pussycats
Hot lips, we'll give you that
Stone foxes
That's a fact
Josie and the Pussycats

Even thought we're
Playing in out garage
Soon we'll have
A massive entourage
Going triple-platinum
You'll just watch us
Climbing up the
Billboard charts
Breaking records
Breaking hearts

Let's go

Even thought we're
Playing in out garage
Soon we'll have
A massive entourage
Going triple-platinum
You'll just watch us
Climbing up the
Billboard charts
Breaking records
Breaking hearts

Josie and the Pussycats
Long tails and ears for hats
We know just where it's at
East, West, North, or South
Guaranteed to rock the house
Josie and the Pussycats
Josie and the Pussycats

I'm a trend pimp
Friends first
You messed with
The wrong pussy

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

It's on, to quote Roan "Boomerang from Cartoon Network." I think there's an episode on at 6:30. I think it's also on earlier, but I can't remember. The song is catchier than you might think. In that annoying way...

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

I think the Josie singer is the chick who sings/sang in the band "Letters to Cleo." I might be butchering that name. Davey knows. That whole Josie album is one formulaic pop-punk hit after another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home