Friday, December 02, 2005

Yucky Hucky

Roan started preschool on Wednesday. She really likes it. I only know what goes on there based on her accounts of events from her three year old perspective. On her first day she played on the castle slide, played with toys, her “butt fell in the potty” because one of the boys left the seat up (yes, these bad habits start early, shame on his parents) and she cried, they sang “Jingle Bells” and the teacher read a story, but she couldn’t remember what it was about and they had teddy crackers and juice for a snack. At this preschool, the parents take turns bringing in the snack. When I talked to the teacher on Monday, she said some parents complain about the snacks being too sweet, etc. I thought teddy crackers (teddy grahams, I assume) and juice didn’t sound too horrible.

I picked her up today, and it sounds like they did a lot of the same stuff. I asked her what they had for snack and she said, “marshmallows and mushrooms.” Wtf??!! I asked her about five times. I even asked what color they were. The marshmallows where “whipe” and the mushrooms were “kind of brown.” Did someone really bring that in for a snack? I think Roan might be telling me stories. She said they had milk too. Now she’s telling me the marshmallows were “yucky hucky.” She’s her daddy’s daughter, so I don’t think she’d ever think marshmallows were yucky, but who knows. Man, I can’t wait ‘til she’s a teenager and I really don’t know what’s going on in her life.

1 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

Okay, I think we deciphered "mushrooms" as some code for "muffins." Or maybe "muffin" is code for "shrooms" like "oregano" is for "wacky tobaccy."

Yeah, I have no idea what's going on. Roan's running around right now, shuffling her feet saying "chugga chugga chugga CHOO-CHOO." I guess she learned how to be a train at school today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home