Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Random Stuff

I was going to forgo writing today, because all I could only think of things to complain about. I’ll just say yesterday was a nightmare of screaming kids (one 3 year old in particular). The upside is after they finally went to sleep (both were out by 10, but bedtime started around 8) they stayed asleep without yelling, screaming or crying until 8 this morning. Hooray! The baby finally decided it was a good idea to sleep more than 6 hours straight. For those without kids, many babies her age will be out for 12 hours at a time. Anyway, I still slept lousy and kept waking up, but at least I didn’t have to sit up for an hour at 3 am watching “Wings” reruns while feeding the baby. Nope, just the sweet sounds of Davey and Link playing Dueling Banjos with their snores.

There’s no way to segue into this, but it’s “movie season.” Jarhead opens this week and looks interesting. I’m a little over halfway through the book. I’d like to see how they adapted the screenplay since the book jumps all over the place. The guy who wrote the book (Anthony Swofford) is from Sacramento. I was reading it last night and he mentions how while in Saudi, he was daydreaming about where he’d eat his first hamburger when he got home, a double french with cheese from Nationwide Freezer Meats. I wish I had a french burger, no sauce in front of me right now. Speaking of Nationwide, can you slice a tomato any thinner? I love those burgers, but geez, so skimpy with the produce. Is there something about a decent slice of tomato and more than one pickle chip that would ruin the integrity of the burger? Perhaps.

Right now, I’m wishing I made more coffee. Does anyone wash their coffee pot with soap and water after using it? Or do you just rinse it out? I’ve just been rinsing it. Is that gross? Usually I’m a germ and mold-a-phobe, but the coffee pot seems like it just needs to be rinsed.

I just realized this morning that we forgot to take a picture of Link in his Superdog costume. Looks like he’ll be getting dressed up later today.

I also forgot about how on Halloween, Roan was dressed up as a black “kitty-cat” and she went to use the little potty (potty chair) and somehow slipped and ended up with her hand in the pee receptacle. She was wearing a long-sleeve black turtleneck. So, instead of a black kitty, she ended up being a “tuxedo” kitty with a white shirt. I’ll post a pic as soon as I get them off the camera.

4 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know that about jarhead. you just made it alot more interesting for me!

So, we don't wash any of our coffee related paraphenilia with soap, just hot water. I think it leaves a soapy taste, and yeah, it just seems like it needs to get rinsed.

-michele

Also, about the Rings Cycle, New Year's Day is gonna be a Sunday, so people will definitley have the day off.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

The book so far is okay. He jumps around chronologically, so it's sort of like he's sitting at a bar with you telling you his marine war stories.
He does seem really intelligent. Not too much funny in the book and you have to wonder how he came out of his experiences as sane as he seems.
It's worth a look, especially if you like war novels and because of the structure it's a quick read.
I'm hoping to finish it by the end of the week.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

We're hoping people have the day after new years day off. The state is taking that day off, so hopefully most people will get it off since the holiday is on the weekend.
I'm pretty sure Swofford grew up in Carmichael. I think the movie will be really interesting. I hope they don't screw it up. Gotta love Jake G., though.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mostly rinse my coffee pot, but when it needs a good cleaning, I throw a bunch of ice and salt in there, swish it around good and rinse thoroughly.

I learned that working at dunkin' donuts.

G bomb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home