Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A Little Wedding Recap...


Well, Joel and Hilary’s wedding was a great success, assuming they finished filling out the paper work and turned it in to the proper authorities. I had a lot of fun and only barely cried a little. I saw Joel’s mom dabbing at her eyes during the ceremony.

I posted some pics below. Unfortunately, we failed in taking pictures. I started off diligently taking pictures of everyone in costume (about 4 shots) then I got a beer and my priorities shifted. I felt I greatly succeeded in not drinking enough to get sick, though I think I was a glass or two of champagne away. It did take me a full day to recover anyway.

Everybody looked great in costume. A few of my favorites were Xmas Ed C. and the Oldest Dude. There was someone I didn’t know dressed as a magical white unicorn which was great. Jack’s goofy parrot was excellent as well. The bunny suits made me laugh when I saw them dancing. Marletta’s “boy scout struck by lightening” was excellent. I loved how Dr. Who’s curly hair flattened out by the end of the evening. Enough party to straighten your hair. The eye of Sauron was very inspired, even though Mike “in character” was about to make me steal the Old Dude’s cane and whack him with it.

The “some things change, but always stay the same” (I don’t even think that makes sense, just pretend it does) moment was near the end of the wedding with members of the lollipop guild inquiring “has anyone seen Mike R. Mike?”

I am so happy J & H got married. I really wish them the best. They are two of the nicest people any of us know. They are both selfless and their creativity is inspiring. I could go on and on, but we all know they’re “the best.”

P.S. Thanks for all of the condolences about the cat. I had a really bad day on Friday, but I think I got a lot of it out of my system and am at peace with it. I still miss Burgie, but I’ve guess I’ve reached “Stage 5-Acceptance.” Give your pets a hug from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home