Monday, October 31, 2005

Hometown 1 Anna Bells -5,235



It was a buffet weekend for the Ninja’s. Friday night a large group of yahoo’s (or perhaps masochists) met up at Hometown. There’s not much left to be said about Hometown. It is what it is.

On the way to Hometown, I had to return a call from my sister-in-law. She wanted to come up on Saturday with my bro, which was fine it just meant we had to go home and do post-Hometown house cleaning.

This leads me to Saturday. They come up. My brother likes trains and doesn’t want to sit around the house, so we go to the train museum. The last time I went there was for an 8th grade field trip and it was only a little less boring than I remember. Actually, I don’t want to sound harsh on the train museum. It’s a nice museum, I’m just not that into looking at trains. I liked looking at all of the toy trains best. But basically I paid $6 or so to walk around the museum listening to how my SIL wants to have a baby.

We were all hungry after the trains so we started walking around looking for a place to eat. We weren’t having any luck. After a loop around Old Town, someone hands someone in our group a flyer for “all you can eat pizza/pasta.” (Insert sinister music). It was for Anne Bells (anna bells, anne belles?).

I remember Dave and I went there once a few years ago. I remember it wasn’t good. So I warned my bro that it wasn’t good. Everyone was hungry and getting cranky so we decided to just go there. I mean, how bad can it be?

Dave said, “I remember it being Happy Joe’s bad.” [Happy Joe’s smorgasbord is located somewhere in South Dakota. We went there on Banana’s/Four Eye’s tour a million years ago]. I didn’t get the warning, because my Happy Joes memories are pleasant, although they don’t revolve around actually eating any of the food. They are mostly of Joel and Davey daring each other to eat gelatinous meatballs and nasty chocolate pudding.

Well, to get to the point Anna(e) Bell(e)s sucks ass. And it’s way worse than Happy Joes. At least Happy Joes had more of a selection.

I need to add that AB’s is a pizza place. Shouldn’t there be pizza out when you have a pizza buffet? Shouldn’t it at least be warm? The piece I got was cold and nasty. They had spaghetti and ziti. The sauce tasted like they took a can of tomato sauce and mixed it with about a gallon of water and threw in a slice or two of bell pepper and onion.

We ended up going to Taco Bell on the way home. Those new grilled steak tacquitos are pretty good.


4 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger werenotdeep said...

Ususally even bad pizza is "good". I don't even get how some people manage to fuck up pizza so bad that it makes you want to barf.

Choo choo.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

That's exactly what we couldn't understand. How hard is it to do spaghetti and pizza? Nobody was expecting a freakin gourmet meal. sheesh.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

I said South Dakota, but I think it actually was North Dakota. If I looked on a road map, I'd be able to tell, but I'm far too lazy. It was one of the Dakotas that we went through on the way to Montana.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger werenotdeep said...

I don't think there's actually any good reason at all that we have a North and South Dakota. It was probably done just for the purpose of making it easier to arrange the stars on the flag.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home