Friday, November 21, 2008

Forgot to Post- OCT 28

Nothing more sad than an abandoned blog. I’ve been a little busy lately. Baby Toby is three months old now. Yay. He’s sleeping through the night (most of the time), so I’m not as crazy as I was even a few weeks ago. Don’t get me wrong. It’s still crazy around here. It’s just now there are moments of sanity sprinkled in.

Halloween is Friday. Roan is going to be Ash Ketchum (the Pokemon trainer kid). I just about have her costume finished. Sage is going to be Princess Peach (Nintendo). I have fabric cut for her, but it still has to be sewn. We’ll see how that goes. The baby might wear a spider hat, if I can find it. Otherwise he doesn’t have a costume. Maybe I can just put him in girl’s clothes and he can go as a baby girl. That’s just terrible.

We went to a wedding on Saturday with ALL of the kids. I thought it was going to be a total nightmare, but it wasn’t too bad. Luckily a friend’s mom was there. She loves babies and didn’t know too many people at the wedding. She held Toby for hours. The girls had a blast. I really wasn’t expecting them to, but there was a stage and when the music started, the kids (there were others) danced and played up on the stage. Much excitement was had when a giant cart of cupcakes was wheeled out onto the dance floor.

Of course we had to get up on the early side the next morning to go to a birthday party at Funderland. It was Roan’s “boyfriend’s” birthday. I never refer to him as her boyfriend around her, but I caught them holding hands one morning before school. They share a love of Pokemon. At the party another male classmate of Roan’s decided he should lead her around and often had his arm around her. Wtf? They’re six! He would start crying if it looked like he would have to ride by himself (he never did). It was a pretty mellow party. I took the girls and Luciglom stayed home with the boy.

More exciting news is that we finally got Sage potty trained. Hurrah! Now we have only one kid in diapers. We’ve been changing diapers continually for six years now. Think about it. That’s just crazy. In about 3 more years, we should be done. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home