Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Puking Fun

So, we’re dealing with another bout of stomach flu. The virus reared it’s ugly head at just about the perfect (meaning imperfect) time. Saturday started just like any other Saturday, albeit a bit busier. We had ballet class at 9:30 and that went just like it always does. The kids got their ($40!!!!) recital costumes so they could have them in time for picture day (more $$$$). Then we went home and got ready to leave for Henry’s 4th birthday party in Pleasanton.

The drive was going fine until about an hour away from home. Roan started getting whiney about being hungry (we ate before we left). I ended up giving her a juice box because she was complaining about being thirsty. Sage was asleep. Then she wanted her window rolled down. This should’ve been my tip off, but I thought she was just being difficult. The whole time she never mentions feeling sick. Then it came. A little barf. And then the crying. And then the parents yelling back in forth about where to get off the freeway as we were quickly approaching a bridge.

We made it to a gas station. I took Roan inside to clean her up and Luciglom worked on the van. Roan seemed a little better so we got her some crackers and water and decided we go on a little farther, stop at a Target (I didn’t pack any extra clothes and now hers were pretty wet) and see how it goes. At this point we were thinking “car sick” since she’s complained about being car sick before and I remember getting car sick a lot as a kid.

We made it to Target. I came out with a package of wet wipes and a sundress. I see that Roan is out of the van with her dad. That’s when I knew it wasn’t car sick and we’d be turning around and driving home.

Missing the party sucked. It was for a 4 year old, but also lots of adults and they were BBQing! So we got back on the freeway going towards home now. We get out side of Fairfield and the floodgates opened. This time Roan had a bag. She got about half of it in the bag and the rest everywhere else. Later she said we needed to give her a bigger bag.

So, Saturday we spent about 3 hours in the car and basically went nowhere and had lots of puke to clean up. So fun.

Roan is on her third day home from school today because of it. I knew she wouldn’t be able to go on Monday. She still had a little fever, but had stopped puking. We had a diarrhea disaster late Monday night. I feel like I should leave out those details. So Tuesday was another “no go” day for school. She seemed like she was getting better Tuesday afternoon, but she was still dealing a little with the ‘rhea, but I was pretty sure we’d make it to school today. I even got her dressed and all ready, but she said her stomach still hurt and she wanted to “rest.” So I called her in. I don’t want to risk a poop disaster at school. That would be devastating.

Now I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. Last time Roan got the stomach flu, the rest of us got it A WEEK LATER. I can’t even sneeze with out it hurting right now (big preggo belly) I can’t imagine barfing.

I was just thinking how we have the school’s spaghetti dinner to go to on Friday night. Sounds like the perfect recipe for puking disaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home