Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Rolling with the Homies Movie Round-up

I ass-planted last night in step class. So many times I’ve narrowly avoided the dreaded “falling on my ass, “ yet last night, I did not escape. I also rolled my ankle on the way down and hit the floor hard (on my ass). I just sat there for a few seconds thinking “Ow.” Then I heard the also dreaded “are you ok?” spoken by the instructor over the PA. Now, even if they didn’t see it, everybody in the class knows, at least, that someone fell on her ass. Anyway, I got up and started back into the routine and thought nothing but “ow” for the next five minutes or so. After a while my ankle stopped screaming and it would just twinge with a little pain now and then. After I got home, I actually almost forgot which ankle I hurt. Until this morning. Now it’s being irritable again.

I finally caught up on seeing a bunch of movies last week. Pan’s Labyrinth = excellent. I knew it was “dark” before seeing it, I was not prepared. Probably one of my favorite movies that I don’t really want to watch again. The Queen = good acting and all, but relatively boring. The Departed = (watched it for the second time) Entertaining. I like this movie. Little Children = Pretty good. Had to get used to the narrator/voice over deal. Babel = better than Crash (but what isn’t). Relatively entertaining but didn’t blow my mind or anything. Half Nelson = decent indie. Good acting. Brick = interesting idea. Failed miserably. Sherry Baby = Pretty good. Maggie Gyllenhaal should start thinking about wearing a bra. Sherry Baby and Half Nelson are like the his/hers drug addict movies.

This week I’m looking forward to finally seeing the Prestige (I *heart* Christian Bale) and watching last week’s Battlestar Galactica.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home