Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscars Smoscars

We had our annual Oscar “party” last night. Which means we also had our annual Oscar pool as well. Basically, we all cast our ballots for every category. The person who gets the most correct at the end of the night wins the money.

I won the previous two years. Last night resulted in a three way tie. I had to share the pot with two others. Yes, I’m bummed. This was the first year Roan participated, though. I went through the entire ballot with her and made her pick a movie for every category. She seemed to follow a trend by picking the movies that had “queen,” “girls,” “children,” “diamond,” or “happy feet,” in the title. She was the only one who actually picked “Happy Feet” to win best animated feature. Everyone else thought that Cars was a lock. I guess the members of the Academy let their 4 year olds cast the vote for that category.

Roan’s been really into playing World of Warcraft lately. We have to keep her characters in the city, because she’s afraid of “red names.” (Monsters that will attack her character). I noticed yesterday that she figured out how to adjust the game camera by using the keyboard. I didn’t even know how to do that. She likes to change their “clothes” (armor). We also got her a bunch of pets, so she runs around with them. She also figured out that if she hits the return button she can type out a “message.” If your every running around the Exodar and see a low level character (probably a night elf) saying “ahjfasljfjfjei” over and over, then you probably found my kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home