Thursday, May 25, 2006

SOUL PATROL!!!!

Apparently we have reached the era of the two hour season finale. I find myself pathetic that I am now relieved that the t.v. season is over so I have more time for other things. Last night we went to Tubbo’s birthday dinner at Caballo Blanco. I’d driven by that place a bunch in the past and was always interested because of the name. The service was good, but amazingly slow. The best thing was the guacamole. I don’t even eat guacamole. I generally don’t even taste it if it’s on my plate. Last night I was putting on my little fajita burritos and even dipping steak in it and eating it that way. What a great appetizer idea. Steak strips with guacamole dip.

After dinner we got home around 9 and the kids went to bed. I blew through the American Idol from Tuesday night on the dvr. Okay, yes I watch American Idol. For the most part, I can’t stand the music, but I find the show entertaining. Just watching to see how incoherent Paula is going to be is entertainment enough. Anyway, I quickly get through that episode. Figure the finale can’t be more than an hour. It was two. I start fast-fowarding through that one, watching bits and pieces. Luci is playing WoW and talking to my brother (in Warcraft). Turns out he’s worked with female finalist’s dad over the years. So I logged on and chatted with my brother for a little bit. (Who needs a phone when you play World of Warcraft). By then it’s about 11:30 and we still have to watch Lost.

I love Lost. I love that you feel like you should be able to put the pieces that they’ve given you in the show together and solve some mystery. Yet, it’s totally impossible because every episode some new “key” information pops up and it changes everything. Also, I suspect that the writers are making the stuff up as they go along and perhaps do not have the entire story mapped out to a conclusion.

I made extra coffee today to help combat “season finale week.” It’s a little like “finals week” for the couch potato set.

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Winston said...

Ghost Dog was a kick ass Ninja movie.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

I love that so many people have that love/hate thing with Lost. I've stopped trying to figure out what the answers are. Just go with the flow, man. Take the story as it comes. Peace out.
P.S. I have no idea who Dunzo is, but I love the comment so I'm leaving it up.
Did I mention I made extra coffee today?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home