Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What a Crock...

Dang, almost no time to sit down and write a blog today. I actually got to sleep in a little, since the kids (mainly the baby) are starting to sleep a little better. Woot! However, sometimes I think the more sleep I get the harder it is to get up. I never have an easy time getting up. I will never be one of those rise and shine, seize the fish types. I can stay up late at night, however, even if I’m tired and even if I really want to fall asleep. /sigh

I’ve been busy all morning throwing stuff in crock pots. I bought a big oval crock pot last week and kept my slightly smaller super ancient old one. Last week we cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot and saved the broth and leftover chicken so tonight we’re gonna have chicken noodle soup. Or maybe peanut butter sandwiches if it turns out to be a disaster. I also have some peach glop cooking in the other crock pot. I hope it turns out good. The glop consists of canned peaches, quick oats, baking mix, brown sugar and cinnamon. I don’t see how you can mess it up, but I probably can.

Last night I was listening to George Noory on Coast to Coast, and he was telling a story about a dog that diagnosed its owner’s breast cancer. I saw a show on one of the Discovery channels awhile back about dogs that were being trained to sniff out cancer, or I probably wouldn’t have believed it. The dogs were being trained to find melanoma, I think. They had little skin samples (ewww) some cancerous/some not and this dog they showed could tell the difference. The lady in George’s story went to the doctor after her dog kept sniffing at her chest. She went to the doctor, and they kept telling her it was benign and she kept going back. She finally insisted on a more detailed test and it turned out she had cancer and the doctor said her dog had saved her life. Gotta wonder how many hypochondriacs out there are going to run to their doctors insisting they have crotch cancer? (Sorry, I just couldn’t resist that one).

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dongsdale must have breast cancer since the dogs are always sniffing at his chest when he's drunk and spilling stuff on himself.

Lisa is "out titling" me with witty titles as well as out posting me.

dninja

 

Post a Comment

<< Home