Monday, September 18, 2006

Fat Exam

So I took my fat test last week. It’s a lot like sitting on a produce scale underwater. They have a big, circular clear tank. You climb in and sit on a suspended chair. The water comes up to about your shoulders. They tell you to start blowing out your air and then you lean forward until you’re completely underwater. Then they tell you to blow out your air again. Then you sit up, gasping for air. Then you have to do it again.

Since I was doing this for a gym discount, not only did I have to get my body fat tested, I had to do a “fitness profile.” So after the dunk tank we (there were four of us this night) had to change and do a bunch of high school P.E. type tests. There was three minutes of going up and down a step to “Sledgehammer” by Peter Gabriel. The older lady in our group said “screw this” and sat it out after about a minute. Then there was heart rate checking. There was a flexibility test, bench press test, leg press test and grip test. There was also “count as many push-ups/sit-ups you can do in a minute” test. Then they take all of your results, print them out and tell you how fat and out of shape you are complete with pie charts and bar graphs.

Preschool started up again at the beginning of the month. Needless to say, the kids and I all have colds. Sage didn’t have much of an appetite yesterday and that culminated into her throwing up while she was sitting in her high chair last night. Lots of barf. I had noticed she had a fever a little while before this happened. We gave her a bath and she went to bed. A few hours later, Roan (who should have been asleep, but now stays up until about 11, even though we start bedtime about 8:30) came out of their room and said “Baby Sage threw up again.” So, Sage got a shower, clean sheets and went back to bed. We’ve been vomit free since then. (Knock on wood).

Today is our seven year wedding anniversary. Woot! I almost completely forgot about it. We went to see “The Last Kiss” on Saturday and something in the movie made me think how long I’d been married. I freaked in the theater because I wasn’t sure what the date was that day, and I thought maybe I missed our anniversary. The movie stinks, by the way. Horribly written. I should have known, since it’s by the same guy who did Crash. That movie stunk too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home