Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Poop Disasters and More

So I’ve had insomnia for the last few days. Actually not really. I just can’t fall asleep. Once I finally do, then it’s really hard to get up. The girls just started sharing a room last Friday. It’s been taking up to 2 hours to get them both quiet and sleeping every night since. Roan tries every ploy she can think of to stall going to bed. Some of her favorites are “I think I’m a little bit hungry,” and “I have to go to the potty.” Last night she was screaming for someone to come in and when I opened the door she was laying backwards (feet at the head) on her bed, with her head near the side edge of her bed and said “I’m falling off mine bed.” If I didn’t describe it clearly, she was nowhere near falling off and would have had no problem correcting her position. Still, she worked it and managed to stall bedtime a few more minutes.

So, Safeway store brand Cheerios are gross. I got some because they were a lot cheaper and I remember getting the Raley’s store brand and they were okay. Safeway’s are not. They just have this weird taste to them that I can’t describe. Of course, I still feed them to Roan. She doesn’t seem to mind. This morning I gave her a bowl of “toasted oats’ or whatever they’re called. She sits down at the table and I get her watered down apple juice ready. When I bring her the juice I notice she found some shriveled up o’s on her place mat from yesterday morning (yes, I know that is really gross, but I really didn’t see them there and I’m guessing Dave didn’t see them either since they must have been there through dinner as well, still really gross). She said something like, “I’m putting mine cheerios back in the bowl.” So I grabbed the bowl and she had put the tiny shriveled up o’s in with the nice crunchy fresh ones. Ok, so it was funny at the time.

Speaking of gross, I have had to deal with poop disasters the last two days in a row. I guess it could have been worse. Neither of the kids has yet to smear poop on a wall or use their poop as play-doh and mold little figures out of it. Yesterday Roan said she needed to use the potty so I told her to go in and get started. I was so proud that she actually did. When I went in to check on her, she had taken off her pants and pull-up, put the Sponge Bob seat on the “big potty” and used the “little potty” to climb on the big one. I was so happy she did this all by herself. Then the smell hit me. I looked at her diaper and yes, it was loaded. I didn’t see poop anywhere, so I got rid of the diaper. But, it still smelled. I looked at Roan and saw that she had brown smears on both legs. Ugghh. Why couldn’t this have happened on the weekend when Davey was home?

Today’s disaster involved the little one. This one snuck up on me. I thought it was just a routine dirty diaper. When I started changing it I didn’t notice the poop was dangerously close to the back of the diaper, so while i was changing her some escaped up the back. Not anything out of the ordinary, but it also got all over the strap on the changing table, which absorbed it like a sponge. Really gross. Also, the strap (which we never use) is bolted on in such a way that it needs power tools to be taken off. So, if you’re reading this, Davey, you have a little project when you get home.

2 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger beckler said...

the mental image of roan trying to stall bedtime by pretending she was falling off the bed just made me poop myself.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger lisa ninja said...

hehe. Just don't poop yourself around here. Too much of that going on lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home