Thursday, September 29, 2005

Sort of Old News, but....


I finally finished (I should say finally started, since it’s such a quick read) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Wow. I don’t really want to mention the details for those who haven’t read it yet and might want to. (I’ve already had America’s Next Top Model spoiled for me two weeks in a row via the internet).

I didn’t think I was going to finish it last night (this morning). I decided I’d just read a chapter or two, but when I got to the end of the chapter where I thought I was going stop reading, I couldn’t. I knew I would have to finish the book. I woke Dave up at 1:40 am. He’s used to this, after the time I finished Return of the King in the middle of the night and woke him up in tears to talk about it. (Yes, I did cry when I finished Return of the King, but having kids made me all mushy-brained, so I blame them). I knew he wanted to talk about the book anyway, because he actually stayed awake enough to have a short conversation that made since, as opposed to this “sleep talking” thing he does, which is creepy and weird.

I’ll just say, and Dave agrees that in the end I think Snape will turn out to be a good guy. That probably seems pretty obvious, but, at this point, Rowling could take it either way. I really like the Harry Potter series. I wonder if I would have liked when I was a ‘tween. I was pretty busy reading the Black Stallion series and Vietnam War novels, so I’m not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home